Ping-exp is a small utility which runs a set of ICMP ping experiments simultaneously and then charts the results making it much easier to compare.
- Supports several simultaneous targets (eventually the charts get messy)
- Ability to control the IP TOS value.
- Ability to control the ICMP ping size.
- Ability to save the results to be viewed later.
- Ability to control the ping frequency and total number.
- Export to PNG.
- Interactive inspection (zooming) of the resulting charts (using the Matplotlib viewer).
- Python 2.6 (makes use of the Multiprocessing module).
- Linux (tested on Fedora. Ping-exp relies on parsing ping’s output so it almost certainly won’t work on Windows – maybe other Unices)