Theme update

I have been using the default WordPress 2.3 theme for the last little while. The reason for this is that I wanted to use the new widget functionality in WordPress but my old theme did not support it. The widget feature I wanted most was the pull-down menus for the archive and category lists. These lists were simply getting too long and taking up too much space.

This weekend I got around to modifying my theme to support widgets and also making a large number of other small changes. Nothing huge but the theme is a lot cleaner now.

Unfortunately, due to a couple of WordPress bugs (#4287, #5168) the HTML on this site won’t validate anymore. I find this quite annoying but manually patching WordPress files seems like to much trouble to do after each release. Hopefully these bugs get fixed soon.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *